The front door sensor has two parts:
- the main sensor
- the smaller magnetic counterpart
1. The sensor will need to be powered on.
Insert 2 AAA batteries from your MySense box in the sensor. To insert the batteries, remove the cover strip:
To remove the cover strip:
- Gently press down on the ridged thumb press located at the top of the sensor
- Once pressed you can pull the backplate of the sensor away from the front cover allowing access to the batteries
- With the batteries properly in place and the plastic cover strip removed the sensor can be clipped back together
2. Check if the sensor has power by pressing the circle on the front of the sensor firmly. The LED above the button should flash red once.
3. Fit the sensor to the door.
Where the sensor is placed on the door may well be affected by the door itself. Find the easiest place the magnet can be positioned without it obstructing the door. When a location has been identified, place the main sensor on the door and the magnet on the frame adjacent to it. Use the triangle on the main sensor to line up the sensors.
The sensor and magnet work best at a distance about the same width as your little finger.
Most times the main sensor is placed on the door, and the magnet on the doorframe, but depending on the type of door, this may not always be possible. Remember you can place the sensor along the top of the door as well as the sides. So long as the magnet and sensor line up, and can move away from each other as the door opens, the sensor will function properly.
If you’re not sure the position is quite right, you can use blu-tac or masking tape to attach the sensor and magnet in a test location for a few days before attaching it with the sticky pad included.
With the sensor placed, open the door and check the activation on the activity graph in "Visualise".
Watch our video tutorial on how to install the front door sensor: