The bathroom door sensor is one single unit, that should be placed on the bathroom door or entry way. It can detected vibrations when the door is moved.
1. The sensor will need to be powered on.
The AAA batteries in the back of the sensor will come with a cover strip to prevent the batteries from discharging before use. This will need to be taken out before fitting. To remove the cover strip:
- Gently press down on the ridged thumb press located at the top of the sensor
- Once pressed you can pull the backplate of the sensor away from the front cover allowing access to the batteries
- With the batteries properly in place and the plastic cover strip removed the sensor can be clipped back together
2. Check if the sensor has power by pressing the Circle on the front of the sensor firmly. This should make a clicking sound and the LED above the button should flash red once.
3. Fit the sensor to the bathroom door.
Some older MySense boxes may include a previous version of this sensor, which used a magnet based door sensor. Please refer to how to install the front door sensor if you system includes this type of sensor.
If you’re not sure the position is quite right, you can use blu-tac or masking tape to attach the sensor and magnet in a test location for a few days before attaching it with the sticky pad included.
To test the sensor simply open the door and you should see the LED light up in green briefly.
Watch our video tutorial below to find out how to install the bathroom door sensor: